2.03.2011

we're having another little princess

I am way behind on posting this on the blog but then again I don't really post all that much anyway.

We had our 20 week ultrasound on January 17th. Daddy and Addie joined me for the big day. The ultrasound tech was telling us all the different parts as she was viewing them and as soon as she said,  "And this is between her legs..." I immediately said, "It's a girl, isn't it?" I could tell right away. Daddy and I glanced at each other with big smiles and then proceeded to tell Addie that she was going to have a little sister. She was just as excited!

From the time we found out we were pregnant we really didn't have a major preference on what we hoped for. We knew it would be neat to have a boy just because it would be something different but then we also knew how much we loved our first little princess (or "Squirt" as she is so lovingly called by her Daddy).

As mentioned in the "name" post we had only really discussed boy names. A couple weeks before the ultrasound we started talking more intently about girl names. One night we were all watching the movie "Up" (which we adore) and as soon as Carl met Ellie I said to John, "Ellie is a really cute name, isn't it?" He agreed and asked me to find out it's meaning.

Ellie means "shining light, or most beautiful woman". I loved it! Our hope is that all of our children are "shining lights" that reflect our Savior, Jesus Christ.

We chose Grace as her middle name because I had liked it as a first name but my husband wasn't a fan of it. It also has a great meaning, "God's favor". Besides having a great meaning the word "grace" is very important to us and our faith. Where would we be without God's grace?

Her formal name will be "Ella Grace" but so far we have been calling her "Ellie" more often. We all talk to her on a regular basis so I am sure she will come out thinking she is Ellie. Haha! But don't worry, if we have a boy in the future we will not be naming him Carl.

5 comments:

Tracy Leigh said...

I am really excited for you! Also, I wanted to tell you that I love the look of your blog. I am new to blogging, so I have not explored all I can do with backgrounds and pictures and such...but yours is great! Anyways, so excited for you and your family on the upcoming arrival of your new little princess!

biblechik said...

yay!!!! congratulations!

thechattymommy said...

Congratulations!
Love the name!

Crystal said...

love it. :) what a sweet little name. :) thanks for stopping by friend!

Danielle said...

Anna Marie, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your donation to our Dream Big fundraiser! You have been a blessing to us:)