11.09.2010

what's in a name?

John and I have been talking about baby names a lot. For some reason, though, we have mostly only discussed boy names. If we have a boy, he wants his son to have a strong, "country" name. Ideally we would like the meaning to be...well...meaningful. However, we are mostly just thinking of names right now and then we will look up the meanings of the ones that we like the most. I have done my own research online but I really want to hear from friends, family and other bloggers.

So what do you say?

Please leave a comment giving us ideas for "country" boy names AND any girl names that you really like. I have two girl names picked out that I like a lot but I am not set in stone on them.

P.S. The photo above is actually a print that you can buy on Etsy for your child's room. They make them in all different color combos. I love it! Click on "source" to go to the shop or simply search "child of God print" on Etsy (there is more than one seller making them).

~Anna~

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Well first-I LOVE your blog! I didn't know you had one. It is so cute and so well done! I love it.
Names. All the ones I LOVE I'm holding on to =P but there are SO many out there...
Gabriel- strongman of God
Elizabeth is a fav- my God is abundace (when I was looking up names in my last pregnancy this was my favorite but had a few different meanings that I came across)...
Anah (which would be a good middle name? )- God answers (is that the same as your name?)

Nicol said...

Names are very difficult for us. I love traditional names and not too fond of the new made up names or the names that can be unisex.

Boys names I've always liked Alexander and Oliver and my husband likes Xavier.

Nicol said...

BTW- I love the saying "I Am a Child of God!" It says so much.

In my church we have a children's song titled this. I would love to share it with you.

I Am a Child of God

I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.

Chorus
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.

I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late.
Chorus

I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will
I'll live with him once more.
Chorus

I am a child of God.
His promises are sure;
Celestial glory shall be mine
If I can but endure.
Chorus

Pure Ella said...

Congratulations.
I was just looking up the meaning of my daughter's name for a post.
Gabriella means a woman of God.
I think you might love it ;)
xoxo
via Ashley's blog

Laurie J said...

congrats on the pregnancy!
I don't know what "country" names are, but I was blessed with 3 little boys and I love the significance of their biblical character names:
Jonathan
Caleb
Matthias (this is my fav name of our boys, but I'll never tell them that!)

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Picking out names is so fun, isn't it?! Well, if you don't appreciate it now, you will one day when they're a little grown and look back.

What do you think of the name Wyatt? Different website had different meaning of the name. The meaning liked best was Brave/Strong/Hardy War. (Insert chest pounding here!)

Yanet of 3 SKBs