10.06.2008

Steamfresh and Salad Spritzers


I had a coupon for Birds Eye Steamfresh frozen veggies. I purchased the above variety which is long grain white rice with mixed veggies.

I tried it for the first time yesterday.

Not bad.

Definitely on the "bland" side of things.

I happened to have some of this...



So, I "spritzed" a little on my rice and veggies.

A very quick and tasty solution to an otherwise bland side dish.

I still prefer to not eat microwaved food, however, when you have a 4 year old, 17 month old and an 11 month old to feed sometimes you just don't have time to be picky about your lunch. (No, they are not all mine; as can be told by the spacing of the two youngest. Refer to this post if you are curious.)

If I was still teaching or working in an office this would definitely be a must to take to work.

I can't wait to go purchase other spritzer flavors.

I am probably not the first to do something like this. In fact, I remember one of my college roommates eating Italian dressing on her white rice. Subconsciously that is probably why I went for the salad dressing and not my spice cabinet. :o)

No comments: