3.25.2009

to the park...again


I took Addie and K to the park for a picnic last week.
K is the little girl that I babysit three days a week.
I just love her...and so does Addie!


This tree provided a bit of shade for us while we ate.


For some reason Addie has been getting really scared when we are outside.
Any time she hears a car engine, plane, train or helicopter she flips out and wants me to hold her close. This is how close she was while we ate.
Right on my lap.

Chipmunk cheeks


After we ate we went to feed ducks and geese.
Currently Addie's favorite thing to do.

A goose sleeping and floating.



She somehow looks past her fear of loud noises when we are around ducks.

"Come here duck!"







We also fed some lettuce to the donkeys at the park.


We had a lot of fun.
I love our park!
I have been going there since I was a toddler.
My mother even went when she was a child.
Currently it has buffalo, Texas longhorns, donkeys and deer.
The pond features large koi, catfish, turtles and of course the ducks/geese.
It also has a large outdoor amphitheater and two separate playground areas.
One playground area is built inside a large castle like building.
This park dates back to the 1800s...I just love it!

3 comments:

Nicol said...

I can't wait for the weather to warm up enough to head to the park. It was lovely about a week ago but of course we were too sick to go out and now we have snow. You got to love March weather.

Livy has been doing the same thing with being scared about things that she never was. It must have something to do with the age.

Anna Marie said...

I know, the weather is crazy here too. Last week it was obviously gorgeous and now it isn't even hitting the 50s. My daffodils came up and now I am afraid they are going to freeze.

I agree about the age thing. Nothing else seems to explain it :o)

Emily said...

Glad to know that the noise fear isn't just my kiddo. When Wyatt hears a loud noise, his fingers go straight to his ears and he FREAKS out.